Friday, May 27, 2011

The Driftwood Project


Driftwood is so interesting! Walking the beach last fall I decided to add another collection. Most of it was stashed in the outdoor "potting shed" or "gather stuff extension" off my garage. A few pieces were brought inside to display.




Photographing these intricately carved... by years of water, waves & sun, pieces of wood was just part of my project. The collection did have a purpose.  Tomorrow, I hope to build a Driftwood Christmas Tree. Not an original idea I must admit but there is still room for putting my own spin on it. Check back to see if I complete my mission!





  The walking stick driftwood, and the garden statue driftwood will not be participating in my tree project. They are just too beautiful on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment