Friday, June 3, 2011

My Beach

A short walk this morning on an absolutely beautiful day! I think I should show you my beach...at least one part of it. On the body of water known as Long Island Sound, a block or so from my home, the sandy, rocky and sometimes littered beach may not be the prettiest of places but I love it. I really, really love it.




At nearly dead low tide there is plenty of space to stroll back & forth and soak up the the wonders of what one day's worth of high & low tides can produce. You become visually acute after years of beach combing and almost always find something that makes you smile!


 Here a "sea brick" as I call them, is a lost art project! But now found and given another chance. It is another story, another mystery...who painted it? Was it a child spending a lazy summer afternoon at their grandmother's cottage? I would like to think so because that is what summer should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment