Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Long Walk on Sunday

Today was overcast with a slight chill in the air...at least when I began my hour and a half walk! There was some stormy weather in the last couple of days and I couldn't wait to get out there and search the beach. Sand was shifted, tides had been quite high and it was a perfect opportunity to really release myself for a spell. The "catch" was OK.....and I spent some time trying to decide which shell family upon which to focus my attention this summer.

The disk shaped shells that look almost like earrings are the backside of the Jingle Shells. Cousin Kate found these interesting and I agree...but I think I will leave these for her shell walks this summer. My Wampum finds were great along with a few nice pieces of aqua and small blues.

Not sure if you can spot the Ferry here....but it is always a bright spot on the horizon, traveling from Bridgeport to Port Jefferson and back daily. I will catch it again and get a better shot!

Here....now you can see it returning, I guess I spent more time out on the beach than I realized!

The Great Salt Meadow Marsh. Beautiful, peaceful and so important to the health of Long Island Sound. This is a path down from the beach to the shoreline of the marsh. The flora and fauna that thrive here are spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment