Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Driftwood Mantle

One of the projects I spent way too much time on this holiday season was my fireplace mantle decor. It was calling out for some attention and it became an ever evolving creation over a few weeks –  much like a painting that is worked and reworked until you just must stop.
I had fun though and would like to share the evolution.....


This "before" shot was taken after removing the print that usually resides over the fireplace and replacing it with the convex mirror I inherited many years ago. See me in the reflection? The goose is a sentimental reminder of Christmas Past.


And now the games begin! Fresh greens and very large grapevine wreath added....


Driftwood of many shapes and sizes placed.....


Grapevine balls were so tenderly placed (one fell off and was immediately snatched up by Mr. Willy the dog)  but after much review, the mantlescape was getting a bit heavy....


Less is more so the saying goes, so off with the driftwood & remaining balls, replace judiciously.


Lights were added at some point! Fantastic cheap string on a TIMER from Walmart!!!!


Did I mention I couldn't stop? The last addition (almost) to my Christmas Mantle Project were drilled cut tree ends strung with jute....like stockings hung by the chimney with care....


Wait, maybe just a little more?


A little glitz was necessary, right?  I placed the silvery, sparkly coiled branches sparingly and......


the starfish jumped right in afterwards!


The Christmas Goose stands watch. Merry Christmas to all and may Peace find all who are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment