Sunday, June 10, 2012

Orange & Yellow

After starting my new job at terrain I am still finding it difficult to focus on what I want to write about these days! I am trying to make my Sundays continue as Seaglass Sundays and I fortunately have that day off every week. Beach walks continue every chance I get all during the week if I have the energy after a long day on my feet! So let me get back to the beach here.....


A joyful find this past week was my first TRULY ORANGE piece of seaglass. It may look a bit amber here but believe me, it is ORANGE! Being one of the rarest colors of seaglass, I was quite excited to say the least.


Another shot of my beach and my find....


Speaking of orange, the common jingle shell is always abundant on the shoreline but sometimes one will catch your eye. Jingles can be white, yellow, orange and shades of black. This one seemed extraordinarily ORANGE! 


Wow....is this as orange as a jingle can be?


The jingle shell and its companion side photographed here. I find that not many beach goers know the other half of our common jingle! It is an interesting bivalve and the less known "valve" or half is affixed to a rock via tufts of threads (through the hole you can see) anchoring the animal. The "pretty" side is the one we all collect or at least admire. Once you recognize the jingle's lesser known half you will be surprised at how many you have missed in your shell searching! And how beautiful they are!


I must give the yellow jingle as much praise as the orange...even though orange is still the color for this 2012 season by design aficionados.


If that is so, this rusty orange forced hot air heating ventilation grate found on my beach is quite in style! My beach is just hip, has lots of orange and thus what can I say?








No comments:

Post a Comment