Monday, May 7, 2012

Fantastical Flowers

With more & more flowers in my gardens now willing to pose for close up and personal photo sessions, I have a case of macro fever. Once you see these "head shots" you will understand my enthusiasm and my renewed interest in a favorite, well known and admired artist.


My Poppy seems to be giving birth here....



and bursting with pride here! 


Orange is the color this spring and these two beauties are perfect examples.




White is always right. It will never go out of style! If you know me at all, you know that I have a white fetish...woodwork, couches, chairs, shirts and sweaters and of course flowers!



Purples and greens make a fantastic pair in any setting. A very soothing and complementary color combination.


Look closer at the magnificent shapes and textures in your garden and you will find some undiscovered and surprising young "models".


But PINK is my color. I feel good when I wear the color, I like splashes of it around my home and think all men should own a pink shirt or two. I even have a pink front door! My husband graciously allowed me paint it many years ago and it will most likely stay that color forever.


You can see the artist's influence here. Georgia O'Keefe could capture the beauty of a flower and paint it so perfectly. Why shouldn't we zoom in every day and see more than just an aging tulip? 



These colors, the natural composition and the textures are just fantastical to me. This close I feel I can almost be the bee whose job of pollination is so crucial or I can merely share the beauty I have found with all of you!

"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for that moment. I want to give that world to someone else". – Georgia O'Keefe

No comments:

Post a Comment