Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sign Making & Sally Sitting

Juggling 2 very important tasks takes a little creativity. First, I wanted to make my Seaglass Design sign but secondly, I was also the doggie day provider yesterday! Luckily, for both of us, it was quite nice outside.


I already had a nice wooden sign that was whitewashed for future use... I do save some very useful items that some would have thrown away! All this needed was a quick coat of my "seafoam green" living room color.



Next came lettering the piece. I sketched out the design, replicating my business card and realized Sally wasn't going to leave me alone. So outside we went...Please play, paw? Please? I painted, and threw the ball. Back & forth we went and surprisingly, Sally didn't end up with any blue or green highlights in her hair!



Basic painting accomplished, with Sally asking "are you done yet?" How can anyone resist this little girl?


So we ate my salad lunch together.



Color and distressing were next to make the sign look slightly vintage, cottage-like and to give it some character.



Voila! the finished Seaglass Design sign.


Let's get back to what's really important, where's the ball Sally?

No comments:

Post a Comment