Sunday, November 20, 2011

Autumn Colors

Aside from realizing my little point & shoot camera is partially broken down, I still see such change in the months between summer and winter and I appreciate the moments of COLOR that I have been able to capture. Here are some of my gardens and beyond.






The Burning Bush, the dried hydrangeas and the spent hostas are just as beautiful now as 3 months ago! Add in some mums and color is in abundance. Autumn is awesome.




The marsh turns from green to golden, the grasses follow and dry to perfection. Even the composted leaves have an identity of "mixed greens" but not green at all.



From one tree to the next, especially the Japanese or Chinese Maples the color is striking if you take the time to look.


The moss taken from inside my chimney (yes, it was growing there!!) was my last autumn awesomeness. Thankfully now my chimney and fireplace are clear and free of growth from neglect and we will be having a winter fire again. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, Laurie here! I can't wait until I have more time to really peruse your blog! So many wonderful topics! And Yes I would love a copy of Uncle Johns movie premiere, if I could get one! I remember watching it when it came out. Keep up the terrific writing.
    Your cuz,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete